If a setting isn’t available, it’s possible that it works like the original GCam app. To use it, open Night Sight and if 1) it’s dark and 2) the phone is steady (on a table, tripod, etc) it will automatically enable the Astrophotography mode. On some phones, it is enabled but doesn’t support all features needed by GCam. Some brands (ASUS, Xiaomi) don’t have these restrictions at all, so you can use any package name and still have access to all cameras. In this hub you get all available GCam APK ports from various developers. You can scroll down through the list and try one or all of these to find the best suitable APK port of Google camera for your phone.
- It is based on Samloader, a command-line program with the same functionality.
- The code base is the TouchWiz Samsung ROM usually stripped of bloatware and optimised in some way.
- In this post, I will share with you for free Download ROM Samsung Android 12 (ONE UI 4.0, 4.1, 4.1.1) Stock Firmware.
- Common reasons for updating firmware include fixing bugs or adding features.
- Use HDR Enhanced if you want the best quality possible, when comparing quality (stock vs gcam, gcam vs gcam), and when taking pictures in hard conditions.
- On the other hand, Custom ROMs are improved versions of Google’s stock Android operating system or altered versions of this software.
Then specify a backup path on PC and click “Backup” to start the Android backup process. Above all you need to download and install Dr.Fone on your Windows or Mac. Your device will be recognized and the main interface of Dr.Fone will show up.
However, this does not guarantee every phone will always have the latest version. Manufacturers only keep phone software updated for a certain period of time, so phones eventually age out. You’ll need to check with your specific manufacturer to see how long your phone will see updates. Once the user has wiped the storage and memory of his device, he can go ahead to install and flash the custom ROM to his device using the custom recovery. Before starting with the actual flashing, it is advisable to take proper backups of your applications and data. Users can use different methods to backup as per our article on taking backups depending upon whether the device is rooted or not.
For this reason, many users turn to custom ROMs or Custom ROMs to keep their smartphones current and to enjoy the latest news. Since Android is open-source software, anyone can download the source code, alter it, and put it online for people to use. By flashing different types of ROMs from Android enthusiast communities, you can not only get a truly stock experience but also try out all-new Android skins. There are a lot of folks https://www.jcollectionhotels.com/blog/exploring-the-possibility-can-you-downgrade-your/ out there who think that stock Android is superior to other versions because of its simplicity. These issues make some users long for a simpler, lighter version of Android, which the stock variant provides.